Florida Contractor Licenses
Let API's Licensing experts help you obtain a Florida State Contractors License
Florida has two types of Contractor Licenses:
1. Registered Contractor License
A registered contractor can only perform work within the city or county that
issued the contractor license.
2. Certified Contractor License
A certified contractor is certified by
the state and is allowed to work anywhere in the state of Florida on any type of construction project.
for a Certified Contractor, the following steps are required.
- Age - The applicant must be at least 18 years old to qualify
- Experience - Provide proof of construction experience, including work as a foreman, and/or a construction related eduation.
- Exam - A two day open book exam that tests your financial skills and your knowledge in the construction trade
- Fee - An fee specified in the application payable to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Fee - Request a credit report from any of the 3 major credit reporting agencies, and submit credit check with your application
- Application - Contact us to help with the application process
API provides assistance with License applications in Florida.
At API, our company understands how confusing and overwelming state licensing laws and procedures can be. The state license application often requires specific knowledge and resources to accurately provide the necessary information. Numerous applications are constantly denied because of mistakes on the application or in the required documentation.
Let the License Experts handle it!
Call today and speak with one of our experienced staff about your licensing needs. With over 10 years in the licensing industry, API has the knowledge and resources to handle all of your licensing needs.
API Prepares and process contractor license applications for:
- Initial Certification
- New Businesses
- Additional Business
- Exams and Testing
- County & State Registration
- Out of State Licensing
- Form Corporations, LLC's, Partnerships, Business Trusts
- Fictitious Name Registration
- Financially Responsible Officers
As a client of API, you will receive the benefit of personal one-on-one attention from our experienced professional staff; licensing expertise that is unmatched in the industry and our commitment to your satisfaction and licensing goals.
Our company also provides other business services to help establish your company. Call today for a free consultation to get your Florida Contractors License.