Registered Agent Services
Let API Processing Handle Your Registration Needs
What is a registered agent? A registered agent is a business or individual designated to receive service of process when a business entity is a party in a lawsuit or summons. In addition, the registered agent's address is where the state will send the paperwork for the yearly renewal of the business entity's charter. Most states require a Registered Agent Designation when incorporate your business or forming a business entity within the jurisdiction.
Advantages of designating a third-party registered agents:
- As the Registered Agent name and address is one of public record, generally, the registered agent legal address will be the one listed in all official public documents.
- An outside Registered Agent allows business entities to freely change their location at any time, without being required to file costly changes of address within the state they are registered each time they move.
- Designating a third-party registered agent allows the business owner to travel for business or pleasure without the risk of a default judgment because of a missed lawsuit.
- Commercial registered agents generally have systems to keep track of filing, notification and publishing requirements of business entities which can save businesses hundreds or even thousands of dollars in late penalties were they to miss a required government filing. These are referred to as "Compliance Managers", "Tax Calendars" and/or "Compliance Calendars".
- Generally most commercial service providers have "Form Libraries" of forms and other documents required to file business entities in different jurisdictions or to keep the business entity in compliance or "Good Standing".
- Some commercial registered agents provide real-time notice of any litigation, and forward all official documents directly to the companies they represent.
- Having service of process delivered to a company's primary place of business can spark rumors among customers and employees. Designating a separate address for receiving service of process avoids this issue for the registration process.
Contact us if you need a Registered Agent in Florida or other states.